People typically consume Alfalfa as an herbal supplement or in the form of alfalfa sprouts. They are typically a fair source of vitamin K and also contain many other nutrients, including vitamin C, copper, manganese, and folate.
Alfalfa sprouts contain the same nutrients and are also very low in calories.
For example, 1 cup (33 grams) of alfalfa sprouts contains a mere 8 calories. It also contains the following :
- 1 – Vitamin K: 8% of the Daily Value (DV)
- 2 – Vitamin C: 3% of the DV
- 3 – Folate: 3% of the DV
- 4 – Thiamine: 2% of the DV
- 5 – Riboflavin: 3% of the DV
- 6 – Magnesium: 2% of the DV
- 7 – Iron: 2% of the DV
- 8 – Copper: 6% of the DV
There are no reviews yet.