Almonds are power house of nutrients, like vitamins, minerals, protein and fiber and provide various health benefits.
Almonds are a species of tree native to mediterrian climate regions of the middle East, from Syria and Turkey to India and Pakistan, although it has been introduced elsewhere. The health benefits of almonds have been documented for centuries, and modern research backs up some of these claims- there are many very health benefits to include in your diet.
There are numerous health benefits associated with almonds, includes-
- Ability to protect heart health as almonds contain high concentration of beneficial monounsaturated fats.
- Increase circulation,
- Strengthen the bones,
- Protect the skin,
- Helps in digestion,
- Help to control blood sugar level.
- Boost cognitive stress in the body.
- Helps to regulate blood cholesterol level.
- Almond milk is a good alternative of dairy (milk) if anyone wants to lose weight. Almond contain mono- unsaturated fatty acids and high amount of dietary fiber which satisfies appetite and prevents over eating, by contributing sensation of fullness, despite of eating only a small quantity.
- Almonds help to prevent cancer, specially colon cancer, by improving the movement of food through the colon.
- Boost brain health.
- Reduce inflammations.
- As almonds are rich source of fiber, and help to prevent constipation.
How many almonds is recommended daily?
It is difficult to suggest the amount which will be beneficial but as per experts, you can take around 10-12 pcs of almonds daily, if there is no other disease condition like kidney disease gall bladder stone etc.
Side effects of over eating almonds:
With the numerous health benefits, it can have unhealthy side effects, if almonds are consumed in larger quantity.
- Weight gain,
- Drug interactions,
- Almonds contain a good amount of vitamin E, which give antioxidant safety. 1 ounce of almonds give 7.4mg of vitamin E. so, if almonds consumed in high quantity it will show negative side effects of vitamin E.
- Almonds contain oxalate. Excess oxalate can trigger crystallization, which can cause a variety of different problem. Those who suffering from problem like kidney or gall bladder stone should avoid consumption of almonds.