Inpatient Mental Health Facilities Near Me
At present we live in a very fast-moving society, where we add work to our to do list faster than we can complete them off. And due to this type of hectic life schedule many of us are now suffering from mental illness. We don’t give much importance to our mental health due to hectic life schedule and that we need to change.
There are various options which can help us to change within own life schedule and will help our mind to stay sharp.
Have a look, read and see what changes we can make for us for our better mental health.
WHO states that mental health “is not just the absence of mental disorder”.
Mental health can affect our daily activity, social relationship and our physical health.
CAUSES OF MENTAL ILLNESS:
Mental health includes our emotional, psychological and social activity. Mental health plays an important role at every stage of life, from childhood and adolescence through adulthood.
Many factors contribute to our mental health problem, including:
- Biological factors, such as gene or brain chemistry,
- Incident of trauma or abuse,
- Family history of mental illness,
- Very hectic life schedule.
EARLY WARNING SIGNS:
- Sleep problem
- Eating too much or too little,
- Disconnect people from social activity
- Feel too low or no energy
- Feeling numb
- Unexplained pain or ache
- Feeling helpless or hopeless
- Addiction for smoking, drinking, or using drugs more than usual.
- Feeling unusual confusion, forgetful, angry, upset, worried or scared.
- Fighting with family and friends.
- Severe mood swings.
- Thinking of harming to others or yourself
- Problem in performing daily activities
- Positive mental health help people to realize their full potential, cope up with stress of life, increase productivity.
Ways to maintain positive mental health include:
- Getting professional help if necessary,
- Connection with friends and family,
- Positive thinking,
- Physically active,
- Adequate sleep
- Developing coping skills with stressful life.
Symptoms of disrupted mental health:
- Thinking difficulties or problem focusing attention,
- Disturb sleep
- Jaw pain,
- appetite change,
- Frequent mood swings.
Tips for maintain good mental health:
Taking care of good mental health is same important as maintain good physical health. Here are some tips which will help you to maintain a good mental health state.
- A good opinion of yourself
- Eating properly a well-balanced diet
- Regular physical activity for at least 30 minutes daily.
- Enjoy the present
- Balancing between work and personal life.
- Sleep adequately
- Believe in yourself
- Enjoy and have fun with others
- Write in a paper if something bothering you
- Practice forgiveness
- Relieve from stress through smile
- Spend time with pets
- Have an adventures activity
Diet and mental health:
Recent research shows that there is a great impact of diet on our mental health, for both good or bad.
Eat healthy well-balanced diet and stay healthy both physically and mentally.
Try to follow specific dietary guidelines:
- Fill your plate with fresh seasonal fruits and vegetables as they have an association with positive mental health.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Get enough calcium (include yogurt, curd, low fat milk and its product, sesame seed)
- Maintain low trans fat in your diet by avoiding processed, deep fried foods, junk food, fast food.
- Take probiotics supplements to take care of your gut. You can include fermented foods, such as yogurt, curd, yakult which will help for a healthy gut function.
- Cut down sweetened beverage, e.g. carbonated drinks, soda, excessive tea or coffee.
- Try to avoid caffeine (too much tea or coffee)
We at Dr. Kumar life style Centre, have effective and most advance therapies to deal with stress. For further information Please Contact: 0129-4300300.
Tags: health management, Lifestyle Management, Mental health, Mental Health Treatment, Positive thinking, Stress Management