In Ayurveda, Panchakarma is considered very effective Ayurveda method of treatment; the main purpose of the treatment is to detoxify the body. In this Therapy, the body goes through continuous metabolism process and as a result of this process the waste products (toxins) present in our body are released. These toxins are known as ‘Aam’. This aam is the main root cause of various diseases. The Panchakarma Therapy action removes Aam from the body in an efficient manner without any hostile effects on the body. If we break the word Panchakarma in two words it bifurcates into ‘Pancha’ which means five and ‘Karma’ means Actions/Therapies. These are all “shodhan” therapies that help in cleansing of vitiated doshas and bringing them to normalcy.
The Panchakarma Therapy mainly consist of five major therapies like
- Rakta Mokshana
These therapies are known as “Pradhan Karma” that means “Main procedures”. Some of them are: Snehan (Oleation/Massage) and Swedan (Steam) that should be done before Pradhan Karma therapies that’s why these procedures are called Purva Karma. Purva Karma is a preparative stage for the main procedures; it brings the aggravated doshas in koshtha for their elimination.
- Haridya Basti
- Janu Basti
- Kati Basti
- Shiro Basti
- Uttar basti
- Manya Basti
- Tarpan chikitsa
- Kati basti is an panchkarma procedure done externally.
- Kati means Lumbar region and Basti means to hold.
- It’s the oilation therapy for particular Lumbar region hence called as Kati basti.
- Kati basti is mainly done for Vata Disorder (sandhigata vata) i.e. mainly for Lumbar region pain, back Sprain, Low Back ache.
- A well is constructed through gram flour, continuous pouring of medicated oil is done and pooled for a fixed period
- This procedure is repeated number of time as per the necessity and chronicity of disease.
- Mild hot fomentation is given after this with the help of medicated powders or sand and etc.
- It’s a Unique Procedure done in a unique way for Lumbar Spondylosis, Ankylosing Spondylosis with excellent Benefits.