Almonds are the powerhouse of nutrients, like vitamins, minerals, protein, and fiber, and provide various health benefits.
The almonds are a species of tree native to Mediterranean climate regions of the Middle East, from Syria and Turkey to India and Pakistan, although it has been introduced elsewhere. The health benefits of almonds have been documented for centuries, and modern research backs up some of these claims- there are many very health benefits to include in your diet.
There are numerous health benefits associated with almonds, including-
- Ability to protect heart health as almonds contain a high concentrations of beneficial monounsaturated fats.
- Increase circulation,
- Strengthen the bones,
- Protect the skin,
- Helps in digestion,
- Help to control blood sugar levels.
- Boost cognitive stress in the body.
- Helps to regulate blood cholesterol levels.
- Almond milk is a good alternative to dairy (milk) if anyone wants to lose weight. Almonds contain monounsaturated fatty acids and a high amount of dietary fiber which satisfies appetite and prevents overeating, by contributing to the sensation of feeling full, despite eating only a small quantity.
- Almonds help to prevent cancer, especially colon cancer, by improving the movement of food through the colon.
- Boost brain health.
- Reduce inflammations.
- As almonds are a rich source of fiber and help to prevent constipation.
How many almonds are recommended daily?
It is difficult to suggest the amount which will be beneficial but as per experts, you can take around 10-12 pcs of almonds daily, if there is no other disease condition like kidney disease gall bladder stone, etc.
Side effects of overeating almonds the powerhouse
Despite the numerous health benefits, it can have unhealthy side effects, if almonds are consumed in larger quantities.
- Weight gain,
- Drug interactions,
- Almonds contain a good amount of vitamin E, which gives antioxidant safety. 1 ounce of almonds gives 7.4mg of vitamin E. so if almonds are consumed in high quantities it will show negative side effects of vitamin E.
- Almonds contain oxalate. Excess oxalate can trigger crystallization, which can cause a variety of different problems. Those who suffer from problems like kidney or gallbladder stones should avoid the consumption of almonds.
Almonds, these little nuts are packed with goodness. So, enjoy it !!
Tags: Almonds, Almonds… The powerhouse