Pain Management – Dr. Kumar’s lifestyle center believes in healing diseases to its roots and alternative therapy is a non-conventional approach to heal a disease. These methods are not practiced by conventional doctors and it focuses on different factors of health like: lifestyle, emotional healing, spiritual connection, nutrition and stress control.
Alternative Therapies for Pain Management Gives Promising Results
The word alternate means substitute, the alternative therapy is also a substitute of conventional treatment method which is prevalent all over the world. However, alternative therapy is no more an alternative, it has gradually proved its efficacy in treating diseases that earlier only allopathy was able to address. There are thousands of patients all over the world that have not only been benefited by this treatment method but also have accepted its potency. For pain management, there is no swap of these therapies.
This therapy has gained peoples’ acceptance for pain management because of
- Being safe
- No exposure to chemicals
- Treating the cause of diseases
- Decreasing the looming side effects of conventional treatment methods
The only drawback of alternative therapy so far is, it takes time to treat the diseases. And the reason for the same is that the lifestyle diseases like hypertension, pain, diabetes, stones, arthritis happen because of long terms neglecting the body’s need, the symptoms appear gradually, but people start paying attention to symptoms only after it becomes out of their hand.
Alternative therapy takes lesser time to cure diseases than the amount of time disease took to reflect the symptoms. Additionally, therapies do take time to heal diseases but patients start feeling relief right after taking a couple of sessions. For pain management, it is the best.
Advantages Of Alternative Therapy
- The biggest benefit of alternative treatment is that it works on the root cause of the problem. After understanding the reasons for disease, it removes the root cause, allowing the body to function as usual and heal any damage. E.g. Alternative therapy treat thyroid, the most commonly occurring disease by treating the thyroid gland and attaining its smooth function.
- Alternative therapy promote self-healing by promoting good lifestyle regime. This way, it not just treat one cause of diseases but many other diseases that could probably appear in future if patients follow the same lifestyle. E.g. The appearance of diabetes in overweight people has a higher prevalence. Naturopathy restrains this possibility by inculcating good lifestyle habit in an overweight person. The same is applicable for pain management as well.
- Alternative therapy comprises of a range of therapies. These therapies are used to treat various types of disorders and have a definite approach in treating disease, therefore, alternate therapy professions combine two or more therapies to treat diseases that requires the same to get desired health result. E.g. Neurotherapy is often combined with yoga therapy and homoeopathy to get results. Therefore, it is safer than medicine treatment. Also, it is safer and because no chemical substance gets into the body in alternative treatment.
- Stiff body parts, vomiting, acidity are some of the short term side effects of allopathy treatment, the long term side effects are even more dangerous. On the contrary, alternative therapy is completely natural and it has no side effects. Interesting, alternative therapy can successfully treat the side effects caused by medicines used in the conventional treatment pattern.
- It doesn’t cause addiction or dependency. Alternate therapy cure diseases permanently. Once the treatment is over, patient claims get rid of any symptoms, the treatment completes. It doesn’t cause any dependency or addiction. E.g. Some patient complaint that after taking sleeping pills for a long time, they can’t sleep naturally.
Different Alternative Therapies For Pain Management
Acupuncture – This is one of the most heard alternative therapy. This treatment process has proved its potency in treating various diseases from time to time. Acupuncture therapy is based on the pattern of energy flow. Hindrance of energy flow leads to several diseases and pain. According to acupuncture, the human body has different anatomical locations present in or on the skin. The therapist works on these points to manage the flow of energy in the body, they activate the points with the help of needles. The treatment is good for conditions like anxiety, chronic pain, depression, insomnia, nausea, sinus congestion, stress, weight loss, tinnitus and pain management.
Benefits of Acupuncture In Pain Management
Acupuncture gives relief in pain, however, researchers studying the effectiveness of this therapy on pain say, the difference in intensity of pain before and after the therapy is minute, and sometimes it shows no difference at all.
Neurotherapy – Neurotherapy is an ancient treatment process, also known as alternative therapy. This alternative way of healing the cause of diseases is effective in the treatment of a wide range of disease from acute to chronic. The key philosophy of neurotherapy is redirecting the blood flow to weaker organs, and reviving its function over a period of time. The therapy is good for treating following conditions pain in any part of the body, constipation, anxiety, anaemia, angina, asthma, migraine, autism, bronchitis, cramps, hepatitis, insomnia, kidney problem and there is a long list.
Benefits Of Neurotherapy In Pain Management
- It treats the cause of disease by activating the body’s self- healing potency.
- It is a medicine-less treatment, thus has no side effects
- It is a painless therapy, no insertion done while treating the cause of disease
- It gives quick results, sometimes in one or two sessions
- Cure problem permanently
Ayurveda – Ayurveda is an ancient treatment where Ayurveda doctor treats the root cause of diseases using medicine derived from plants, massages and panchakarma. Therapy aims to relieve toxins stored in the body using massage and essential oils. The therapies of Ayurveda, like panchakarma, are helpful in providing relief from pain.
Benefits Of Ayurveda In Pain Management
- Ayurveda works on improving lifestyle. So, the biggest benefits of Ayurveda is, the patient get into a better lifestyle while taking the treatment.
- It works in harmony with other alternative treatment methods and therefore, it is flexible and effective.
- Ayurveda uses herbal medicines to treat the cause and symptoms of diseases that have no side effects.
- It is also a painless and chemical-free treatment
Acupressure – Acupressure is a technique to treat pain by massage. One of the popular therapy for pain management. This therapy is a Chinese based and uses finger’s pressure to mobilize life force energy alias, Chi. There are different acupressure point in the body, professional massage on these points to release the blocked energy, promotion unobstructed flow of energy in the body. It is effective in following conditions, pain in joints or muscles, headache, stress management, nausea and vomiting, menstrual cramps, etc.
Benefits Of Acupressure In Pain Management
- Acupressure uses manual pressure at pressure points, so it is a painless therapy
- Effective on short injuries
- Although therapists claim, it provides relief in pain but its effectiveness is yet to get proved. Researchers have found out a minor difference in pain after taking the treatment.
Hydrotherapy -Hydrotherapy is an effective treatment for pain management. It uses water to treat the cause of pain. The therapy involves exercising in water maintained at a certain temperature, the therapy uses the physical property of water. The bouncy property of water reduces stress on joints, the warmth of water relaxes the tense muscles, movement in water improves overall movement.
It also reduces post-exercise pain and swelling. Hydrotherapy is effective in treating neck and back pain, headaches, surgery-related pain, arthritis, chronic pain, ligament damage and fracture as well.
Benefits Of Hydrotherapy For Pain Management
- Reduction in stiffness and pain
- Improved movement at joints
- Muscle strength improves
- Good for those who can’t exercise
- Helpful in weight management
- Improve mood
Cupping Therapy – Cupping is an alternative pain management therapy widely practised in India and other parts of the world. In this therapy, cups are placed on the skin to create suction that stimulates the flow of Qi (means energy in Chinese). It also believed to balance yin and yang, the negative and positive energy within the body. The balance of two extremes ensures good blood flow, which eventually helps in pain management. It is helpful in following conditions, facial paralysis, acne, lumbar disc herniation, shingles, cervical spondylosis.
Benefits Of Cupping Therapy In Pain Management
- Therapy releases energy blockage, thus help in overall health improvement
- It helps with local pain relief
- It is good for relaxing muscles
- Helpful for athletes in pain management
Massage Therapy – If you are suffering from some type of pain and need its solution, then take massage therapy. Massage therapy for pain management gives promising results. It is an alternative therapy and has scientific evidence. Massage therapy involves the manipulation of soft tissues by applying fixed or movable pressure on different parts of the body. Massage improves the lymph and blood flow, reduce muscular tension, that stimulates tissue healing. Therapy is effective in the following conditions, low-back pain management, post-operative pain management, fibromyalgia, arthritis, tension headache, etc.
Benefits Of Massage Therapy In Pain Management
- It is a painless treatment for different types of pain
- It is relaxing
- Stimulate even blood and lymph flow in the body
- Remove mental and emotional stress
- Reduce the possibility of formation of tumor
- Stimulate easier and painless movement
We provide all the mentioned therapies at our centre. We have specialized therapists for each therapy and our number of satisfied clients is increasing every day. To know more, visit our centre or book an appointment online to receive counselling.